- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Cook orzo al dente in water with 1 tbl. salt and dash of olive oil for 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Pour over hot pasta in bowl and stir.
- Put shrimp on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss and roast 5-6 minutes until cooked.
- Add shrimp to orzo. Add scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Toss. Add feta and stir easy.
- Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for one hour, or refrigerate overnight. Serve at room temperature.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Roasted Shrimp and Orzo
Betty L. served this yummy Roasted Shrimp and Orzo at our August get-together. She is a big fan of Ina Garten. This recipe is from Garten's Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook.
Roasted Shrimp and Orzo (Barefoot Contessa at Home)
1/2 cup olive oil + 1 tbl. olive oil, + enough to drizzle over shrimp
3/4 lb. orzo (rice shaped pasta)
Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp (16-18 count per pound)
1 cup scallion, minced
1 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 cup fresh flat leaved parsley, chopped
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
12 oz. feta, large diced