Arugula and Watermelon Salad (Jean Carper)
- Rinse and dry arugula. Chill
- Cut up about 2-3 cups of watermelon. Set aside until ready to put salad together.
- Bring 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to boil, boil gently about five minutes until reduced by half, should be syrupy.
- When ready to serve mix together the arugula and watermelon chunks in a large bowl.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar reduction over salad. Add crumbled goat cheese on top. (If the vinegar is poured over the goat cheese, it turns brown—not so appetizing, so put cheese on top.
- Pass extra vinegar in a small pitcher when serving salad.