Penne pasta (I used 16 oz. box of Barilla whole wheat penne)
1 cup broccoli or asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
Carrots, 1 cup cut in chunks
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup yellow squash, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped with juice
8 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 envelope dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1/2 cup, or to taste, grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups cooked chicken, cut into chunks, rotisserie is fine
Salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in butter for 3-4 minutes
- Add mushrooms, zucchini and squash and saute until crisp tender, 3-4 minutes
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes dressing mix and cream.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, mix with vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and toss again. You can pass more grated cheese.
You can make the day before, bring to room temperature, then heat. Serves 8 plus leftovers. You can add whatever vegetables you like. It's a little bland. I would add onions and celery.