Chicken in paprika sauce
3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin and cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and pepper
2-3 tbl. olive oil
1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup or more)
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
2-3 tbl. paprika
10 oz. can condensed chicken broth
8 oz. white wine
1 cup sour cream
(noodles or spaetzle)
- Saute chicken pieces in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Remove chicken to large bowl. In same pan, saute onion till soft and remove to bowl with chicken. Add olive oil as needed to saute. Saute mushrooms seasoned with salt and pepper in same pan and remove to bowl with chicken and onion.
- Add paprika into bowl with chicken, onions and mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Return to pan and stir in condensed chicken broth and wine.
- Bring to simmer, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer on low heat until sauce is reduced slightly. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Allow to cool slightly and stir a little sauce into sour cream. Add sour cream to chicken and sauce in pan and stir thoroughly.
- Heat as needed, but do not bring to boil or sour cream will curdle.
- Serve over cooked noodles or spaetzle.