Creamy White Chili
adapted from Taste of Home magazine
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 16-oz cans cooked great northern white beans, rinsed and drained
1 quart (or 29-32 oz) chicken broth
8 oz. chopped green chilis (vary to taste, this amount makes medium hot.)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried organo
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (vary to taste)
1 pint (16 oz) sour cream
1 cup (8 oz) whipping cream
- Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in olive oil.
- Add beans, chicken broth, chilis and seasonings.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix cream and sour cream in small bowl.
- Stir about a quarter-cup of hot soup into creams, then stir tempered creams into soup, and serve.
- NOTE: When reheating, do not boil, or you may curdle the cream.