Cranberry Cherry Relish
1 pound fresh cranberries
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup cranberry juice
zest of one orange, finely grated
1 cup dried cherries
- Pick through the cranberries eliminating damaged fruit, rinse, then drain well.
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, cranberry juice and orange zest in a pan.
- Place ofver medium heat; boil slowly until the berries pop open, about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat, skim the foam off the surface with a metal spon, stir in the cherries and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate. Keeps up to one month.
Serves 12: 203 calories per serving, 52 g carb, 1 g protein