Beef and Noodle Casserole
8 oz. package dried noodles
2-1/2 lbs. ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
1 tblsp. chili powder (or to taste)
1 large Valencia onion, chopped (about one cup)
10 oz. can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup Heinze Chili Sauce (or to taste)
1 lb. package Mexican Style Velveeta cheese product, cut in 1/2-inch dice
2-3 tblsp. butter
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Boil water and cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste.
- Add chopped onion to skillet and sweat onions with beef until onions are transparent.
- Simmer beef on low heat until the noodles are cooked and drained.
- Drain noodles and put in very large bowl. Add beef and onions from skillet and stir slightly. Add condensed tomato soup. Stir in Velveeta.
- Add butter to empty skillet; melt.
- Stir in breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Transfer contents of bowl to lightly greased 9 x 12-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top of casserole.
- Bake 60-minutes at 350-degrees, or until bubbly and breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.